How often should you opt for wheel balancing checks?
Our technicians suggest that car owners get their car's wheels balanced once every six months as they tend to lose balance over time. However, several other circumstances can accelerate the process.
Causes of wheel imbalance
While a lot of external factors can alter your car’s wheel balance, the following are the most prevalent reasons-
- Due to a weight disparity around the wheel’s valve hole.
- Regular wear and tear due to driving.
- Incorrect tyre fitting.
- Hitting curbs, driving over speed bumps or through potholes.
- Loss of previously fitted counterweights
Hence, you should know about the tell-tale signs of wheel imbalance to avail expert assistance as early as possible.
Symptoms of wheel imbalance
The following are obvious signs that you will come across if your car’s wheels are out of balance.
- Unbalanced wheels can result in higher fuel consumption.
- Uneven, premature tyre tread wear
- Wheel imbalance can cause a significant delay in steering response. It can also make it significantly harder to steer in the desired direction.
- The steering columns will vibrate and cause a "bumpy" feeling. As the wheels have an uneven tyre profile, this sensation intensifies when driving at high speed.
If you come across any of these symptoms, do not take any risk and come to our wheel balancing garage Ponteland as soon as possible.
Why choose us?
You will find highly experienced technicians at our workshop who use the latest equipment to provide this service. We also use eco-friendly counterweights.
The experts at our workshop will mount your car's wheels (including tyres) on our advanced wheel balancing machine and rotate them at high speed to locate any imbalance points accurately and balance them as per the manufacturer’s specification, attaching counterweights. Afterwards, our technician will re-fit your wheels.
The procedure usually does not take very long.
Please note: In order to remove the wheels, we will need your vehicle’s locking wheel nut.
In case you are unable to find it, please let us know, so that we can take care of it a differently.
So, there is no need for searching for a "wheel balancing garage near me” anymore. Instead, just come to our workshop. We are always happy to help.
If you have any further queries, please call us on 01661 872220.